- 5-6 skinless chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 1/2 cup plain Panko style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (freshly ground preferable)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Combine the egg and milk in a shallow bowl and mix with a fork.
- Combine and mix the remaining dry ingredients except the flour in a second bowl or pie tin.
- Dry the chicken parts with a paper towel and sprinkle them with flour (Wondra works well).
- Dredge the parts first in the egg mixture, then in the seasoned crumb mix.
- Arrange on baking sheet or rack and dribble on the melted butter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Thighs (bone in) may require 5-10 minutes longer.
Kellog makes pre-crushed corn flakes. Look in the baking aisle at your local grocery. Sesame seeds may be toasted if desired. Heat in a dry skillet until tan. Unused crumb mixture can be stored in an airtight container for future use.