This recipe is adapted from one found on TasteofHome. The original recipe called for 4 zucchini and a can of diced tomatoes. Four zucchini were too much for me and why use canned tomatoes when fresh are in season?
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. (large pinch) black pepper
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté zucchini in oil until crisp-tender (it will brown a little). Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the tomatoes start to break down. If the mixture looks a little dry, add 1 or 2 tbsp. of water.
- Empty into a serving dish and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.