This recipe is from Kraft. I usually make it with two catfish fillets. The original recipe listed several Kraft brand products that I have not copied with the exception of RITZ crackers. I use these crackers in several recipes that call for “buttery round crackers”. They always taste good.
- 5 RITZ crackers, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup plain Panko style bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1Tbsp. Mayonnaise dressing
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 fish fillets. tilapia, catfish, or other mild white fish
- Preheat oven to 425°(F).
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a pie plate.
- Beat egg, mayonnaise and mustard in a separate shallow dish or small bowl.
- Dry the fillets with a paper towel, then sprinkle on the flour and rub it around.
- Dip fish first in the egg mixture, then in the crumb mixture to evenly coat both sides.
- Place on foil lined baking and bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Do not overcook fish in this or any other fish recipe. Choose fillets that are fairly uniform in thickness to avoid over/under cooked areas. Save any unused crumb mixture in an airtight container for future use.