This recipe makes 8 dumplings but since you will probably want 2, plan on just 4 servings. If your cooking for yourself,
they will keep for 3 or 4 days and warmed up when you want them.
- • 1 apple
- • 1 tube (8 count) crescent rolls (8 ounce)
- • 1 stick butter (melted)
- • 3/4 cups sugar
- • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- • 1 1/2 tablespoon flour
- • 6 ounces citrus flavored soda (Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc.)
- Core and peel apple into eight slices.
- Open can of crescent rolls and unroll. Place one apple slice on the wide end of each crescent roll and roll up in the crescent.
- As you roll them, place each into a greased 8x8 (or 9x9) pan.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture over each crescent.
- Pour soda into the empty spaces in the middle and around pan (NOT over the crescents). Liquid should about 1/4 inch deep.
- Bake at 350°(F) for 35 to 40 minutes or until crescents are golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.